February 12, 2015

ten months.

Oh how the time has flown by. Everyone is aware of time passing differently. I think it depends on the stage of life you are currently in and also the different milestones or bumps in the road life places in front of us. My awareness of time passing was based on my college semesters, in chunks of 3 months. "Wow, a semester now gone and over." After 3 semesters, with a few weeks of breaks, a year was already gone. 

I counted down years, months, weeks, days... until Eric would be home from serving a service mission for the LDS church. Then two years has passed and he was home, right back where it felt like he had never left.

Finishing up high school.. moving to college.. finishing college.. It all seemed that time passed by in an "appropriate" amount (or sometimes it felt too slow). 


But when I got married, this all changed, I feel like.

Really? Just this time last year I was planning a wedding in 78 days? Then the BIG day already came and went... almost a year ago?


I didn't plan on posting about this. (Maybe the monthly anniversary post will stop when we've been married a year ha) But I am just surprised how quickly it's going by and how much FUN it has been filled with. I love the quote, "What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." 

I'm kind of thinking I'm weird for feeling like this now, only after 10 months. I'll be freaked out/amazed when it's 10 years and it goes by faster with every family addition.

But for now, it's been the BEST 10 months and better than I could of ever imagined.
I love our life we are building together as best friends, as husband and wife.

2 comments:

  1. I swear once I got married time went into warp 9 or something! It goes sooo fast, but it's great. I love that quote too, by the way. It's kind of exciting to think that we have so much life to live still and that there's so many exciting things yet to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be celebrating our 18th anniversary in three months & even though it seems like we've been married forever, there are times when it doesn't seem like it has been almost two decades. You'll see it will be the same for you too!

    ReplyDelete