February 9, 2015

skiing and then tumbling down in the snow.

Skiing is a love hate relationship for me. I loved every second of it until my body was exhausted!
I am usually all for going to school, attending all of your classes. I have semesters that I never missed a class, especially when I started nursing school. But Friday Eric decided not to 
attend a couple of classes and suggested we go skiing for the day!


It was my first time to try to ski. This Texas, born and raised, girl finally tried it after living in Idaho for almost 4 years. It was a little strange though that it's early february and we were skiing when it was 55 degrees.. whats up with this winter? I can't complain though, the day was BEAUTIFUL.
I was getting frustrated with the sticks on my feet early on until Eric told me I'm actually catching on reallllly quick. It felt great going down the bunny hill and I could actually stop at the bottom of it!

After the bunny hill two times we went to the ski lift... on I guess the "beginner" side?
I was so nervous, but that bunny hill was nothing, so I thought I had it. I learned really quick that you pick up speed fasssst. I left Eric behind and I didn't know how to slow down. I crashed and rolled a good ways down the hill. Then I just laid in the snow for what felt like forever until I finally saw Eric coming over the hill so carefully and slow. I thought how was he doing that?! Then he saw me and we both busted out laughing. 

I wrecked 4-5 more times and every time is was so fun rolling around in the snow and to have Eric somewhere behind me to laugh with me. I came home and watched 20 different olympic skiing videos. 
Now I truly understand the talent and skills they have!

Today, I'm not as sore as I was the day after. That was torture. And I'm sooo ready to do it again! 

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave soul, my friend! I have never tried skiing and I grew up in Utah and have lived in Idaho. So you'd think that I would've tried it at least. But nope. And I don't plan to either! So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez, jumping in after only two times on the bunny hill?! you're so brave. it took me like, two days on the bunny hill to leave it haha. but blowing off school for the slopes is always a good idea.
    xoxo
    e
    emmyjake

    ReplyDelete