September 6, 2014

labor day weekend was already a week ago?

I feel like we were just packing our bags and headed to Utah! 
This week flew by way to fast, which only means school is starting up again very, very soon.
 We really love leaving our tiny apartment to go visit Eric's sister and her cute family in Utah.
Probably because Utah is covered by so many familiar faces! Family, friends and Eric served a mission for our church in Utah. We visit old wards he served in and word just spreads that Elder Johnson is there and everyone comes to us to visit. I know I married an amazing man- hints why I married him ;)- but it is so wonderful to hear other people talk about the love he shared and the great man they see him as.
Playing at the aquarium! Aren't penguins the cutest?

While we were in Utah Eric made it very well known that he was going to go shopping for my birthday [september 25] present. Whatever it is, he's really excited about it and it's killing me! And he's doing everything to cover his tracks so I can't find out. He even shipped it to the neighbors house so I would never see it with him/in our home. Our birthday's are 18 days apart, so I'm a little older ha, and I need to start thinking about what to get him! I have a few ideas....

Our nieces Kamryn and Madison are the absolute cutest! Eric plays with them the whole time we are there, his facial expressions and noises he makes to get baby Madison to smile and giggle are. the. sweetest! If he loves playing with them this much, I just can't wait to see him with our own children one day!
It's going to melt my heart for sure.
Doesn't he just look good holding a baby? ;)
[sorry for the blurry iphone pic]

While visiting Utah I got to meet up with some sweet friends I have missed! So much fun! I was really blessed with the girls I lived with and became such good friends with in college.
From my first semester to now and we're all graduated and living life!

It started to make me feel a little nostalgic. When I was first married I was worried about 'losing' friends. My single friends got new roommates, met more and more people and I was lucky enough to land the GREATEST roommate ever, my husband. We have been on an amazing adventure the past 4.5 months of our marriage. After we had been dating for 5 years there was still so much to learn about one another and memories to make! I feel like old roommates and friends just thought we were too busy for them and had 'moved on' to married life. But the truth is I need my girls! And just them- not 10 other people I don't know at a party. While I was in Utah a single friend brought up the subject and said she knows that it's the friends 'who forget about their married friends'. Which surprised me, because most other single people say it's the complete opposite.
Question: Does anyone else feel like this?
What are some things you found that help make a balance?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, lady. I'm not married, but even being in a relationship can make it hard to find enough time to spend with your girlfriends and with your guy without anyone feeling like they've "lost you" to someone else. Finding that balance is so important! I've found that not spending *all* my time with my guy or *all* my time with friends makes me appreciate them even more when we get to be together.

    <3

    ReplyDelete