September 3, 2014

documenting august

Time just flew by this summer + especially august.
 I didn't document any of it! So be ready for a catch up!
For a week Eric and I were so lucky to spend a week at Snowbird. A summer resort tucked away in Little Cottonwood Canyon in Utah. Eric's family has a timeshare and they have a huge family reunion every other summer. This was an off summer so we got it all to ourselves. But I am sooo looking forward to going back next summer!

I couldn't get over the view we woke up to every morning. The beautiful mountains right there and that fresh mountain air. Now I'm just making myself miss it... until next time Snowbird!
[This heated pool + hot tub + the steam room]

[Reading Elizabeth Smart's story.. It's a tear jerker. A woman of so much courage and faith during her hard trial.]
[Homemade spaghetti and garlic bread on our balcony]

We spent a day at Lagoon. My first time and it was so much fun playing with Eric! We only got one picture together this day while we were taking a relaxing ferris wheel ride. 

We also spent a day doing the activities at Snowbird. We did the mountain coaster and Alpine Slide over and over again! 



We also did the longest, hardest hike I've ever done. We hiked to the top of Hidden Peak in just under 3 hours. I was pretty proud of myself when we made it to the top. The beginning of a hike is always the hardest. I was having to get in the right mindset. After about 30 minutes in I was loving it. The hike was beautiful + we never really came across anyone. Then we got to our last trail, The Ridge. Hike the ridge of mountain, so basically hiking straight up, so we can get to the peak. That was the hardest part! I was exhausted haha but it was actually really fun. 
[See the ridge on the right? yeah that's what I'm talking about.]
Had to pick up this magnet for a little souvenir :)

Other random things happening: 

Someone left a microwave by our apartment complex mailboxes with a a 'free' sign. So I took it, tested it for a couple of days and sold it for $40. #winning

We got a comforter set from BBB in April when we got married and I really loved it. By now it started to not look as nice, really not the best quality and then... it ripped... and again... and then it had three rips in it! After writing an angry online review and finding out it's happened to other people who spent 150$ on it, I called BBB customer service to complain. The conversation lasted maybe a full minute? The nice lady [I felt bad for being so angry] told me to return it and pick out another or take in store credit. Was it really that simple? haha So we have a new set that is so much better! I find myself walking into the bedroom randomly just to look!

 Eric and I took the Idaho driving test to be become citizens of Idaho... We both failed. Yes, laugh. But Idaho has weird driving laws. I was happy I got to keep my TEXAS driving license for a little longer though. Since then I've retaken it, passed, and sadly gave up that Texas license. 

I used to be intimidated by cookbooks...and just flat out cooking. Now I would be so lost without them! I enjoy cooking so much.
[Chicken Parmesan and fresh green beans]
And I am super into meal planning. It makes it so much easier to cook and go to the grocery store in a busy schedule! I also feel like meal planning is a plus because we are eating healthier and eating out less.

August was SO much fun. Minus all of the studying for the NCLEX. [see previous post]
But now it's time to start gearing up for another semester of school!

4 comments:

  1. isn't snowbird the best? jordan's family has a time share up there & we go every year, it's so beautiful! i love that you guys love being outside so much - good luck with your next semester of school!

    ps i'm impressed with your cooking skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What time of year do you go up there? I imagine it would be fun in the winter to ski also! Growing up in Texas I feel like there are so many more outdoorsy things to do up here in Utah/Idaho! love it!

      Delete
  2. oh and your outfit in the last picture? adorable! nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too failed the idaho drivers test when I took it last year! It must be a toughy so no shame!

    ReplyDelete