September 11, 2014

fall time is also apple picking time

Eric came home from work way excited about 'the most delicious apple he's ever tasted'.
So it was off to the apple orchards to find this apple tree...
and taste every apple from over the 100 different apple trees!
This orchard is about a mile away from us and I've never been to it! I'd say it's a hidden secret of Rexburg.
I couldn't believe first, how beautiful it was and second, that there are actually that many different types of apples! And each apple we pulled off a tree and tasted was different!
Pulling fruit off a tree to eat makes me nervous so I always made Eric take the first bite, ha.
The apples that we picked to bring home are more of a light pink and called 'irish peach'.
Now I really just want to have an apple tree to pick in my backyard.
I don't know what it was about it, but it made me feel like it's really fall!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I loved that orchard!! It's been a long time since I've been there but it is a beautiful place! I miss Rexburg so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple picking?? This is so cute! I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute couple! im Jessica and i was just blog surfing and came to your blog! feel free to come and visit mine too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica! Thanks for stopping by :) I'll have to check your blog out too

      Delete
  4. what??? this is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled across your blog and love it! My husband and I live in Rexburg too! This orchard is so cute! Can I ask where it is??? Is it the one on campus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Aja! It's the one on campus! We had just never been there before. I think it's over by the Ricks building? I'll have to check out your blog now :)

      Delete