November 13, 2014

our first home together

Welcome to our Home!


Okay. We really, really loved this apartment. It is tiny! (1 bed, 1 bath, 560 sq. ft.)
When Eric and I were assigned this apartment we creepily drove by to stalk it. We're weird, I know. 
We arrived at the apartment at about 10pm a week after we were married.
All we had was some bedding to sleep with ha.
It's crazy to me to think we spent the first 6 months of our marriage here. 
Sooo many funny memories + laughter fill this apartment. 
But we decided we needed something bigger + were ready for a move. 
An apartment opened up, we liked it, and we were able to get rid of our current contract from our first place. 
I'm super excited about our new place! 
We've been here almost two weeks and things are really starting to come together. 
We gained more space everywhere + a second bedroom!
A huge bonus is I can put holes in the wall-- so basically decorate now since it wasn't allowed in our first place. 
I'll share some pictures as things are completed! 


I would like to thank so many people for helping + supporting + loving Eric and I. There are too many people to name since the day we got engaged, to getting married, to now. It is an overwhelming feeling that we feel so blessed to have. THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I have so many fond memories in each apartment we've moved to. And it's crazy to think how far we've come since walking in that first night after our honeymoon to boxes everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing photo-shoots of my apartments because it forces me to clean them spotless! Haha! That's fresh on my mind because I did one yesterday. I really love the picture you have that says "Eric & Rachel, Dallas, Texas." I hope it gets to stay up in your new place. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura that is so true! Haha it definitely doesn't always look put together. That picture is definitely in our new home, I love it too!

      Delete