November 23, 2014

at home with the Johnson's: bathroom style

We moved three week ago now and I'll be honest, I'm struggling decorating! Even with all of the pinterest boards I have. Our space is bigger, I have many empty walls and ideas going around like crazy in my head. I expected to move in and a week later everything be in order and decorated. I partly blame my ocd cleaning side. I felt like our new place could of been a LOT cleaner to welcome us. Isn't that annoying? The first thing I did was deep clean the bathroom! I knew I wanted it to be light blues + golds. I didn't have much trouble with finding everything for it and I'm super glad the way it turned out. So it's currently my favorite room! 

Our new bedding arrived, so our bedroom is closer to being done! When I look at the living room I'm overwhelmed. I've always wanted to do a photo gallery wall and now the wall space...scares me? Haha. Not to mention picking out curtains, rugs and decorative pillows! Oh man. I'm excited to, slowly, tackle all of this! 



6 comments:

  1. We moved into our house in February. We slept on a mattress on the floor in our master bedroom for over a month. The first thing we got decorated was our bathroom as well! Our bedroom is finally done and we've started the family room but the walls are still empty. It's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have to have patience and it'll eventually all come together. Good luck with the family room! That's my next task when I have the courage :)

      Delete
  2. That gold tray! I love!! Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? It was exactly what I was looking for! It's from a craft store called Porter's. I'm in Idaho and not sure if they're anywhere else, but it's super similar to a Hobby Lobby.

      Delete
  3. I'm IN LOVE with how you decorated your bathroom! The rolled-up towels with the toilet paper holder basket?? Totally brings it up to the next level-- well done!

    ReplyDelete