April 12, 2015

Anniversary Weekend

Today is our wedding anniversary. Mostly yesterday, we celebrated being married for One Year. (six years being together). I can talk on and on about how fast the time has gone by or about the different memories we've made. 
I really am just so happy and grateful this man picked me. We have a been on a wonderful roller coaster this past year and when I stop to really think about it, there is no one else that I would rather be with, experiencing life and growing with one another. That's when in that moment I feel this immense amount of love for my husband and the life we have with one another. The first year was simply the best because I married my best friend; a man who is gentle, loving, understanding, kind and hilarious! He has kept me smiling and laughing. I look forward to this coming year and what ever it brings!
Yesterday we packed a lunch and drove to some hot springs to enjoy and relax- which was so nice! 

This was the only picture of the hot springs I took... because I feel awkward taking pictures of a bunch of people in pools wearing bathing suits. This one was mostly empty because it was HOT! I couldn't stand to be in it more than two minutes, and then I was only dipping my feet in it. 

We came home and cleaned up nice and headed to dinner! 


We went to a place that we've been hearing a ton about the past few months. Basically that it's pricy, but worth it because 'all you can eat steak'! We didn't call ahead or think about making a reservation, so that resulted in our 40 minute wait. That place is packed! We sat and chatted and drooled thinking about the delicious food. Once we were seated the rolls just kept coming, we ordered an appetizer (hello, super hungry) that was something else amazing and the dinner was so worth the wait because it was delicious. Eric had the all you can steak with a loaded bake potato and house salad. Technically you aren't aloud to share the steak... But he would cut a piece and slip it onto my plate- it was fantastic. I had a combo of chicken and steak fajitas, with black beans, spanish rice and all the great toppings. Eric finished his first steak and they brought out a second (which was considerably smaller that his first in the picture below). The second one was even better. It was so tender and juicy. Have I made you super hungry or what?? Bottom line... It was good! Check out Stockman's Restaurant in Idaho Falls.

2 comments:

  1. That food looks delicious... My husband and I love a good steak. Too bad I'm not in Idaho where I can enjoy it. Congrats on the one year anniversary!! My husband and I will hit two years this summer and Im so excited!!

    --Sam

    http://www.BesosFromAmerica.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I love hot springs but some of the ones I have been too have been way too hot and I can't even stand to dip my feet in, guess I am a whimp haha.

    ReplyDelete